Bad Brains doc

Bad Brains doc

Postby earthdog70 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 10:33 am

Apologies if this topic has been discussed before, but has anyone watched this movie, now up on YouTube. I think they covered all the bases, except Soul Brains, which they probably legally can't talk about. I wish HR would get some help, but looks like he would probably refuse it anyway. They are "sailin on" regardless:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofQQI3j6Sb8

:bag:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: Bad Brains doc

Postby jeffb01 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:00 pm

I was at the show in chicago that they show in the beginning and end of the movie - it was the worst show ever.

I was reading the book by DH Peligro (the drummer of the dead kennedys). Here's an excerpt about a recording session for his solo band in some house that made me LOL:

In the middle of the shit-storm was a couch. I noticed a guy sleeping on it and thought, Now we have to get this bum out of here. I warped to hyper-mode – the clock was ticking, and I was paying money for this so-called studio, so I woke this bum up. As he sat up I noticed he was wearing a long black cape, holding a gold scepter, and wearing a crown with big dreads sticking out under it.

I did a double take. "H.R.?"

"Eh natty...hey boy...yeah, mon...wha' h'appn rass?!"

I didn't think he recognized me. "It's D.H. from the Dead Kennedys."

"No, from the Living Kennedys, mon!" he said.
jeffb01

Postby crus » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:09 pm

I remember this being on YouTube before then taken down, So will download it just in case.
crus

Postby crus » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:45 pm

Damn, it's been taken down again.
crus

Return to daghouse