The Ultimate Revenge

The Ultimate Revenge

Postby clash77 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:38 am

Slayer Exodus and Venom live gig from '85.Just watched this video for the first time in about 25 years..Some excellent footage here..Anyone remember this ???
clash77

Re: The Ultimate Revenge

Postby akissfan » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:56 pm

One of my faves!

"This ain't about no tuna fish!"
akissfan

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:02 pm

I lived it.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby clash77 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:47 pm

xxxMidgexxx wrote:I lived it.

nice! so did I..great times !
clash77

Postby Janelle » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 am

We watched this AND Decline Of Western Civilization yesterday! We've been seeing some cool old documentary stuff lately. :)
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby SamDBL » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:48 am

Amazing video. I hear tell that there's a second one the featured Death in their old line-up. I haven't seen it, but heard it might be getting re-issued on dvd or something.
SamDBL

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:28 am

my friend still has the original VHS. when it came out, we were floored by it. I duped his copy on VHS (and just recently transferred it to DVD.) I remember Baloff caught flack from the locals here for his "you guys can look a Californian look like shit" comments. So when EXODUS played NYE w/ METALLICA, METAL CHURCH & MEGADETH in SF, Baloff addressed it and said, "I meant, Southern California."

:lol: okay, Baloff.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Janelle wrote:We watched this AND Decline Of Western Civilization yesterday! We've been seeing some cool old documentary stuff lately. :)

You have a copy of Decline or did you watch it on YouTube or something?
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Janelle » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:13 pm

JGJR wrote:
Janelle wrote:We watched this AND Decline Of Western Civilization yesterday! We've been seeing some cool old documentary stuff lately. :)

No I don't have a copy. We watched in on YouTube on Wii
Janelle

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:41 pm

Janelle wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I honestly haven't seen it since maybe the mid '90s. I think I said this on the old board, but a video store in my hometown called Video Vault had copies of that one, Urgh! and other hard-to-find VHS tapes from the early '80s and I gorged on as many of them as I could find. I'd really love to see it again at some point, but just haven't looked it up on YouTube.

I always get excited when VH1 Classic has it listed, but it's always the 2nd one (the Metal Years).
JGJR

Postby Janelle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:11 am

JGJR wrote:
Janelle wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I honestly haven't seen it since maybe the mid '90s. I think I said this on the old board, but a video store in my hometown called Video Vault had copies of that one, Urgh! and other hard-to-find VHS tapes from the early '80s and I gorged on as many of them as I could find. I'd really love to see it again at some point, but just haven't looked it up on YouTube.

I always get excited when VH1 Classic has it listed, but it's always the 2nd one (the Metal Years).

Yeah, they even on cable if it's ever on, it's the 2nd one! It's like no! I don't wanna see that one ha.

But it's weird I guess they never put this one on DVD. I told Matt that Penelope Spheeris(she did Suburbia too right?) I'm like that one came out on DVD I have that and like it - still, I know that's far from the docu-style of Decline but you'd think Decline Of Western Civilization would've been upgraded to a DVD too!
Janelle

Postby Janelle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:15 am

Oh, but before I mentioned we've been watching a lot of these music docs and we watched another one last night Punks Not Dead - and it was cool with a lot of old footage and cool old bands and older US/UK guys and then of course it got into when "punk broke" or what have you, like in '93, '94 when Rancid, Green Day, Offspring, got on the radio and okay, I get it BUT THEN... it went into scary crazy town-what Warped Tour became in the 2000s stuff like Ataris and Sum41 and Good Charlotte sheisse and all the bands AP loved to put on the cover but then they got back to the older guys who are still playing. And it was cool to hear from our men 70-year-old Charlie Harper and TV Smith and Monkey!
Janelle

Postby Janelle » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:15 am

True, one quick thing is the last "documentary" we watched last night was about Dahmer. To Clash77: Lots of "parts" found in "boxes"
Janelle

Postby Gary » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:31 am

I'm pretty sure I never saw the Ultimate Revenge,despite liking a lot of thrash metal at the time.

I remember seeing this on tv at the time and loving it as I'd only heard the records before. I taped it on betamax!!!!!!!!

Gary

Postby captain2man » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:07 am

Just hung out with someone over the weekend that went on that 70000 Tons of Metal cruise.....she said Cronos was a really nice guy.....and when they reached one of the islands - he was hanging out with everyone - but wouldn't let anyone take a photograph of him with his bathing suit & flip-flops.
captain2man

Postby SamDBL » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:54 pm

Somehow I like it better when the stories of meeting these guys is that they're unbelievable assholes. I don't know why. It makes me laugh. The dudes in Obituary were telling me about when they played with celtic frost, and all the dudes in the band were cool as hell. Except when they all went to take a group photo and asked Tom to be in it he flipped them a bird, said 'NO!', and ran into his dressing room. :lol: They're buds now, I guess. But I love that story.
SamDBL

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:41 pm

But Slayer ain't cool because they were 5 years too late for 77', right?
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:40 pm

Janelle wrote:[ this one on DVD. I told Matt that Penelope Spheeris(she did Suburbia too right?) I'm like that one came out on DVD I have that and like it - still, I know that's far from the docu-style of Decline but you'd think Decline Of Western Civilization would've been upgraded to a DVD too!

Decline (the first one) has never been released on DVD due to music/licensing issues. That's as much as I know, really. I heard rumors of a DVD release with bonus footage of The Gun Club, Urinals and other bands filmed for but not used in the original movie. And yes, she also directed Suburbia as well and later, both Wayne's World movies, the two other Declines, etc.
JGJR

Return to daghouse