Remake Film

Remake Film

Postby clash77 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:32 pm

I know its both sides here.A disgraceful remake or one better than the original..One example of both please..Better- The Thing..Perfect flick..Worse
.Bad News Bears/ Taking of Pelham one two three..but I give two..ok..guilty.ha
clash77

Re: Remake Film

Postby Janelle » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:57 am

Ah yes, while I was WORKING in Pelham you were watching the original!!
But about The Thing, you're obviously talking about the '80s one with Kurt Russell - but did you ever actually see the original version? Then we watched the third version of it right? That came out a few years ago. I like that they made the Kurt Russell hero role into a heroine, Noomi Rapace

Ew did you really see the remake of Bad News Bears?! That's kinda cute actually if you watched that. I never saw it.

But really, a remake that's BETTER? That's really tough. I can't think of any off the top of my head. I liked the newer Cape Fear, but I still like Robert Mitchum better.

Worse: 2003's Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Obv!! Because the original is the best horror movie ever (at least to me) - I know you'll say The Exorcist is the best. I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to redo that one and fuck it up. I'll admit The Omen reboot w/ Liev Schreiber wasn't bad at all, but I mean, the original one was so great it's like why mess with it. On that note, wtf was with them trying to do Psycho again? It was like '98 or so w/ Anne Heche and Vince Vaughn!!!!!
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby worldismyfuse » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:24 am

I think I'm in a minority, but I really liked Soderberg's Solaris. I still prefer Tarkovsky's version, but I like what Soderberg did with his adaptation. (And both differ from Stanislaw Lem's novel).
worldismyfuse

Postby NotBaker » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:49 am

Possible contenders:

The Fly
Cape Fear
The Thomas Crown Affair
NotBaker

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:52 am

as a general rule of thumb, remakes suck unless a top tier director comes along and injects new life into the story,like scorsese and cape fear and the coen brothers and true grit. i guess i could think of some movies that would definitely look better technically if they were remade like guns of navarrone or something, but you aren't going to find a better cast, so most of the time it is pointless. remaking shit like the breakfast club, robocop or rebooting stuff like i know what you did last summer shows hollywood is completely out of ideas.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby scannest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:13 am

worldismyfuse wrote:I think I'm in a minority, but I really liked Soderberg's Solaris. I still prefer Tarkovsky's version, but I like what Soderberg did with his adaptation. (And both differ from Stanislaw Lem's novel).

Yeah, I really like the Soderberg version. Probably my 2nd favorite by him (gotta love Outta Sight)
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby scannest » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:41 am

NotBaker wrote:Possible contenders:

The Fly
Cape Fear
The Thomas Crown Affair

I agree on all of these. I'll also throw some love at the first CARRIE re-make, which I guess is technically called THE RAGE: CARRIE 2. A solid, smart little horror movie.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:48 pm

scannest wrote:
worldismyfuse wrote:I think I'm in a minority, but I really liked Soderberg's Solaris. I still prefer Tarkovsky's version, but I like what Soderberg did with his adaptation. (And both differ from Stanislaw Lem's novel).

Yeah, I really like the Soderberg version. Probably my 2nd favorite by him (gotta love Outta Sight)

Of the ones I've seen, I nominate Traffic.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse