Dr. Know

Dr. Know

Postby WrEtcH » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:34 am

to re-edit a double post of an AC/DC thread, I thought I'd start another thread. Dr. Know with Kyle Toucher is playing Gilman next month. Bummer I'm gonna miss 'em but back then I loved "Plug In Jesus" and "This Island Earth." I'm glad Toucher is back on vocals as opposed to Brandon Cruz. Too bas Ishmael and Rik aren't there too
^v^
WrEtcH

Re: Dr. Know

Postby MXV » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:32 am

So is it just Kyle with a bunch of new guys? Kyle wrote most of those songs so I'm glad to see him playing Dr. Know songs again. Kyle was also the far better singer in that band too. I don't dislike Brandon or his vocals on the stuff he played on but Kyle's voice was just better suited for that sound.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby jaybird » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:20 am

WrEtcH wrote:to re-edit a double post of an AC/DC thread, I thought I'd start another thread. Dr. Know with Kyle Toucher is playing Gilman next month. Bummer I'm gonna miss 'em but back then I loved "Plug In Jesus" and "This Island Earth." I'm glad Toucher is back on vocals as opposed to Brandon Cruz. Too bas Ishmael and Rik aren't there too

This Island Earth is the ideal metal/punk crossover record, IMO.
jaybird

Postby the mean » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:02 am

I mean, Dr. Know was a decent band, but I don't really get the need for what is basically two versions of the band trading off over recent years.
the mean

Postby WrEtcH » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:43 pm

the mean wrote:I mean, Dr. Know was a decent band, but I don't really get the need for what is basically two versions of the band trading off over recent years.

there must have been some friction. as soon as the Brandon Cruz version of the band called it quits, the Kyle Toucher version started up. here's the flyer from the upcoming gig

^v^
WrEtcH

Postby Gary » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:15 pm

Attitude Adjustment and No Fraud? Crazy.
Gary

Postby MXV » Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:38 am

I corresponded with Kyle many years ago when he was making music for television/movies and had no time for anything else. He was pretty sour on the rest of the band for playing as Dr. Know when it was "his band" and those were mostly his songs. It also didn't sound like he was very keen on Brandon and was bummed that the other guys went along with his plan to play as Dr. Know and even go so far as to release records under the name.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Return to daghouse