G O T H A M

G O T H A M

Postby WrEtcH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:12 am

got home from work and watching the Gotham pilot on Roku. I'm sure we've seen the Batman origin told many times before, but I think the newest version is pretty intense! I hardly watch TV anymore, but this time I'm making an exception
^v^
WrEtcH

Re: G O T H A M

Postby scannest » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:51 am

I'm a grown ass man. Am I really supposed to take seriously a TV show with a character named Oswald Cobblepot?
Seriously, fuck all this superhero bullshit. The fact that they're trying to pass off this kids stuff as high drama drives me up a wall.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:05 am

batman without batman sounds like a bad idea. going to predict this gets cancelled soon.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby WrEtcH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:24 am

yourenotevil wrote:batman without batman sounds like a bad idea. going to predict this gets cancelled soon.

worked for Smallville?
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby gregpolard » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:03 am

yne hates something without seeing/hearing it? SHOCKING!
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby WrEtcH » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:39 pm

gregpolard wrote:yne hates something without seeing/hearing it? SHOCKING!

well, I can accept scannest's logic because it's valid. the point about not having Batman in Gotham has yet to been seen since Smallville had a 10 season run w/o Superman. With Agents Of Steel still on a good run, the odds of Gotham sticking around might be good.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:55 am

WrEtcH wrote:
gregpolard wrote:yne hates something without seeing/hearing it? SHOCKING!

well, I can accept scannest's logic because it's valid. the point about not having Batman in Gotham has yet to been seen since Smallville had a 10 season run w/o Superman. With Agents Of Steel still on a good run, the odds of Gotham sticking around might be good.

yeah, but smallville was on awhile ago and it was on a small network(CW i think). fox is always quick to pull the plug with shows. several of their prime time dramas have been axed after one or two seasons the last couple of years. and i didn't watch smallville, but he was in high school and still using his powers sometimes as superman(before the costume, etc), correct? i don't know if starting a show with bruce wayne as a kid is going to be such a good idea. i mean, that is a long way to go in seasons unless they jump around in time. i read the show runners said they will not have wayne be batman until the series finale. just saying i don't think most peopel are going to stick around while wayne goes through puberty.

greg-not hating at all. i have given up on network shows for the most part. even if this was on AMC, i would still be hesitant to watch it. i pretty much checked out of the superhero shit a few years back. i can't take all the reboots and shit. the nolan batman stuff was where they should lay it to rest. i have no interest in seeing batman run around with superman in another shitty reboot franchise. i have even less interest in an origin story on network television.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse