Postby earthdog70 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:34 am

Why hasn't Plucky told us the date of the reunion show in DC yet :?:

http://bandwidth.wamu.org/soulsides-bob ... the-world/

:geek:
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Re: Soulside interview

Postby FlexMyHead » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:41 pm

Sometime in the spring of 1989 I found out Soulside were playing in a small Belguim town called Aalst at really small café. My friends and I were so excited to see our first "Dischord" band and that we finally were able to hear about punk bands playing (we had seen Youth of Today and Detonators and Problem Children at another venue in the same town). We had heard Trigger and thought it was "slow and moody" but were hoping we'd like the new songs live. Somehow I got my dad to drive us (me and three friends went) the 3 hours to the show and he slept in our car while the bands played. Soulside put on a great set and we talked to them after the show and they were nice enough to "autograph" the records we bought from them (they really felt uncomfortable signing something, I kinda forced them). I have nothing but fond memories of that show, I even brought a small boom box and put it on a bench and recorded their set so that I'd "have the music forever". At the time it was so awesome to me that a small punk band from D.C. could tour Europe (at the time I hadn't known Ignition toured on a 7" and that GI had been over many times). The next summer I bumped into Bobby at a Gray Matter show at All's Souls Church and he was equally as nice, but didn't recall talking with him (he basically said that Europe tour was stressful and drained the band to the point of breaking up). I'd totally be willing to travel to see them play a show so I hope they announce the day/time in advance so tickets can be bought.
FlexMyHead

Re: Soulside interview

Postby john stabb » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:39 pm

That's really cool, fyh. 8-) Wish you'd had the chance to see G.I. in Belgium.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Return to daghouse