Where the hell is lewdd?

Where the hell is lewdd?

Postby version sound » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:51 am

We didn't lose him when we switched boards did we?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Where the hell is lewdd?

Postby earthdog70 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:21 am

I don't think he will be joining us soon, he said the board has got too political :)
"And so it goes."-Kurt Vonnegut
earthdog70

Postby version sound » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 am

earthdog70 wrote:I don't think he will be joining us soon, he said the board has got too political :)

As in personal politics or national/international politics? Can't be the first, 'cause everyone likes lewdd, even the non-meateaters .
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Welly » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:28 am

JGJR wrote:
what is with all the FOX NEWS like stance on the board these days?
Joe R wrote:
Between this thread and the Snowden one and some others lately, I'm wondering the same thing. It makes wanna do a Welly, honestly.
Lewdd wrote:
You are right. There are a bunch of fucking nutjobs on here. I cant take it anymore. I'm out...
Welly

Postby drew » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:21 am

Such bullshit. I need a pic of something that was once somethings shoulder and is now delicious BBQ!!!
drew

Postby James » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:28 am

I know! Who else am I going to talk about rasslin' and Vancouver punk with?
Formerly known as Jimmy Heartburn
James

Postby version sound » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:41 am

Welly wrote:
JGJR wrote:
Joe R wrote:
Between this thread and the Snowden one and some others lately, I'm wondering the same thing. It makes wanna do a Welly, honestly.
Lewdd wrote:
You are right. There are a bunch of fucking nutjobs on here. I cant take it anymore. I'm out...

I always thought Lew was a little more on the conservative side in the first place...so maybe it was the Lefty nutjobs that scared him off? In any case, there hasn't been much political discussion since we moved.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby pedro » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:42 am

I like lewdd.
Hello.
pedro

Postby JGJR » Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:36 pm

Welly wrote:
JGJR wrote:
Joe R wrote:
Lewdd wrote:

FWIW, it appears that what I wrote and what Joe wrote are reversed above. Nevertheless, I miss lewdd, too. I think we might of lost Joe as well? I hope not.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Welly » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:40 am

version sound wrote:
Welly wrote:
JGJR wrote:
Joe R wrote:
Lewdd wrote:

I always thought Lew was a little more on the conservative side in the first place...so maybe it was the Lefty nutjobs that scared him off? In any case, there hasn't been much political discussion since we moved.

There are leftie nutjobs on here?
Welly

Postby version sound » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:27 am

Well, nutjob was Lew's term.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:52 am

We did lose Joe. He sent me a link on FB to the Good Riddance show in Philly.....I told him the board misses him. I know I do. Good guy.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby FlexMyHead » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:11 am

I work for the school system so I've been only on sporadically for past few months.....was there really a bunch of political posts and nutjobs? Like not regular posters? Odd. I dunno, after dealing with that Atlanta cop who used to sing for a hardcore band, I don't think anybody could be worse.
FlexMyHead

Postby obik » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:26 am

FlexMyHead wrote:I work for the school system so I've been only on sporadically for past few months.....was there really a bunch of political posts and nutjobs? Like not regular posters? Odd. I dunno, after dealing with that Atlanta cop who used to sing for a hardcore band, I don't think anybody could be worse.

Over the last year or so, he's become even more of a paranoid unhinged lunatic birther/Bircher. Before he dropped off the internet, he advocated shooting illegal immigrants, harassing registered democrats and vandalizing their homes and businesses, and generally being a violent asshole to anyone whose politics he disagreed with. Which is a shame, because he was smart and funny...until he got really fuckin' scary.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby obik » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:27 am

version sound wrote:Well, nutjob was Lew's term.

I think you'll find he said "nutloaf". Lew's gone vegan, so he can no longer associate with us meatheads.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:29 am

obik wrote:
FlexMyHead wrote:I work for the school system so I've been only on sporadically for past few months.....was there really a bunch of political posts and nutjobs? Like not regular posters? Odd. I dunno, after dealing with that Atlanta cop who used to sing for a hardcore band, I don't think anybody could be worse.

Over the last year or so, he's become even more of a paranoid unhinged lunatic birther/Bircher. Before he dropped off the internet, he advocated shooting illegal immigrants, harassing registered democrats and vandalizing their homes and businesses, and generally being a violent asshole to anyone whose politics he disagreed with. Which is a shame, because he was smart and funny...until he got really fuckin' scary.

Ugh. I've been a fan of Lifesblood for a long time, but I'm even less likely to put on one of their records now after reading the above.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:19 am

Was that O'Toole?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:31 am

version sound wrote:Was that O'Toole?

It sure sounds like him from obik's description.
JGJR

Postby James » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:30 pm

JGJR wrote:

Yeah, he was still on here when I first joined. You missed out. :roll:
James

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:12 pm

James wrote:
JGJR wrote:

When did you first join, James? I joined the old board in September 2008.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:20 pm

JGJR wrote:
James wrote:
JGJR wrote:

What time?
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby James » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:42 pm

I first joined on the old old board sometime in late 2001.
James

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:08 pm

C'mon out Lewdd...we're firing up the barbie.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby clash77 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:11 pm

Always liked Lewdd..He always had my back when it came to the late '70 's uk thing
Good man!! Shame his political view differed from "the board"..Same as mine
That is all
clash77

Postby yourenotevil » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 pm

JGJR wrote:
obik wrote:

Ugh. I've been a fan of Lifesblood for a long time, but I'm even less likely to put on one of their records now after reading the above.

i saw him post on another board. wasn't half of that just an act? either way, life's blood is awesome. he did a new band too called my rifle and they had a good 7 inch.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:15 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
JGJR wrote:
obik wrote:

i saw him post on another board. wasn't half of that just an act? either way, life's blood is awesome. he did a new band too called my rifle and they had a good 7 inch.

He's a close friend of mine and I talk to him on the phone once or twice a month.
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:31 pm

gregpolard wrote:
JGJR wrote:
James wrote:
JGJR wrote:

What time?

Actually I can probably narrow down the date as it was the day after the 1st show by The Thirteen.
JGJR

Postby SamDBL » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:26 pm

I remember O'toole being an insufferable asshole on here. A few people have since told me that it's all bs, and the dude just likes to be an internet asshole, which I certainly sympathize with if that were the case. No harm done. I do remember thinking at the time that I hoped he'd fall off a tall building or something.
Lewdd, on the other hand, has never been anything less than totally awesome in person or on the board.
SamDBL

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:29 am

SamDBL wrote:I remember O'toole being an insufferable asshole on here. A few people have since told me that it's all bs, and the dude just likes to be an internet asshole, which I certainly sympathize with if that were the case. No harm done. I do remember thinking at the time that I hoped he'd fall off a tall building or something.

He either posted about politics, his two Master's degrees (a sure sign of genius), being a Federal agent (though he seemed to be a Government contractor running routine background investigations on people who were actual Federal agents), or the famous people he knows. One of his posts was about how William Gibson told him that a book O'Toole had written would be a best seller but O'Toole couldn't be bothered with actually sending it to a publisher. When O'Toole realized that he wasn't particularly popular with many of the regulars on this board, he started claiming that his posts weren't serious, it was just him and a veritable who's who of NYC hardcore stars fucking with us and, how, if we only knew who these NYC hardcore stars were, we'd be so impressed. And then he was gone.
Last edited by xxxHunterxxx on Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby gregpolard » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 am

I wish I was around for these posts. I've said before but I had an account on the board around the time it opened up but then it switched over and I never switched with. I think.
gregpolard

Postby pedro » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:35 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote:he started claiming that his posts weren't serious, it was just him and a veritable who's who of NYC hardcore stars fucking with us and, how, if we only knew who these NYC hardcore stars were, we'd be so impressed.

I'm actually several former members of the Icemen.
Hello.
pedro

Postby xxxHunterxxx » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:41 am

pedro wrote:
xxxHunterxxx wrote:he started claiming that his posts weren't serious, it was just him and a veritable who's who of NYC hardcore stars fucking with us and, how, if we only knew who these NYC hardcore stars were, we'd be so impressed.

I'm actually several former members of the Icemen.

Hmmmm. I could've sworn you sang for False Prophets.
World’s biggest Snakes fan.
xxxHunterxxx

Postby pedro » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:00 am

I think you are confusing me with Mayor Bloomberg again.
Hello.
pedro

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:07 am

pedro wrote:I think you are confusing me with Mayor Bloomberg again.

Apparently he knows his early '80s NYC punk, too. :lol:
JGJR

Postby drew » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:14 am

yourenotevil wrote:
JGJR wrote:
obik wrote:

Yeah, my buddy Lew DImmick who wrote "This Music" is in MyRifle with O'Toole. He wouldn't be in the band if Jason was that nuts so it must be an act......
drew

Postby obik » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:36 am

If he's not actually that crazy, perhaps you should delete his first name from your post. Google, you know.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby SamDBL » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:47 am

xxxHunterxxx wrote: When O'Toole realized that he wasn't particularly popular with many of the regulars on this board, he started claiming that his posts weren't serious, it was just him and a veritable who's who of NYC hardcore stars fucking with us and, how, if we only knew who these NYC hardcore stars were, we'd be so impressed.

LOL. I forgot about that.
SamDBL

Postby WrEtcH » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:32 am

this board over political? shoot, it's a relief to see music threads to what I'm usually accustomed to elsewhere.
^v^
WrEtcH

Postby MXV » Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:34 am

I haven't seen Lew at any shows in quite some time come to think of it.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:21 pm

drew wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
JGJR wrote:
obik wrote:

Yeah, my buddy Lew DImmick who wrote "This Music" is in MyRifle with O'Toole. He wouldn't be in the band if Jason was that nuts so it must be an act......

Interesting. I had no idea. I was supposed to attend a book release party for This Music this past Saturday night, but it was canceled. My awesome neighbor (who is basically the polar opposite of the description of his bandmate above) tried to do it in his house, but it didn't work out (not sure why). I would've loved to get a copy of the book, see him read it and meet him. Too bad.
JGJR

Return to daghouse