Courtney Love, the Gift That Keeps Giving

Courtney Love, the Gift That Keeps Giving

Postby scannest » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:24 pm

From YouTube:

I was hired through the venue to record this show (including many others throughout that week) and was then left standing with a hard drive and an invoice no one seemed to want. Four years later I still have the files and not really any idea what to do with them. But I like to share. So here we are.

What you are hearing are just Courtney's isolated vocal and guitar mics (with the obvious bleed from the rest of the band). I've muted everything else. This video I've borrowed from elsewhere on youtube and in trying to sync up my own audio I realized they were a little sloppy with their edit. But you get the idea.

EDIT: Source footage containing audio that resembles the live mix: http://youtu.be/_HDMp8j7i1E

To address the most obvious, inevitable question that I will be asked...this is not fake. Whether you think she's the worst or this just makes her all the more "punk rock" is for you to decide. I'm merely presenting the facts as they are. Make of them what you will.

UPDATE: If you want the rest of the show in the same manner you can download it for free here: http://radionyles.com - just click on the image of Tina Yothers.

"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Re: Courtney Love, the Gift That Keeps Giving

Postby danny » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:37 pm

i'm assuming there was another guitarist there to mask her musical contribution? At least HR has the good sense to simply not plug in his guitar when he "performs" these days.
danny

Postby scannest » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:06 pm

danny wrote:i'm assuming there was another guitarist there to mask her musical contribution?

There were two other guitarists, actually.
scannest

Postby Mark T. » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:35 pm

I'm no Hole or Courtney fan, but I think this is BS. I've watched several other videos of this same song, she knows the chords and holds them correctly, etc. The tuning of the guitar in this recording is so far off, it makes no sense. I'm not buying it, but who knows, pretty funny though . . .
Projeckt Daghouse:
PDIV - Thousand Days - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVX7w2iNIfw
Mark T.

Postby Dan Celebrity » Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:41 pm

It just sounds like one of those Shreds videos. In these internet days I have to be skeptical.
Dan Celebrity

Postby scannest » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:31 am

Why would someone bother to make a "shred" video and then have her play the chorus correctly (which she does, it just doesn't sound very good)?
Nope, I would eat a shoe if this turns out to be fake.
scannest

Postby john stabb » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:56 pm

My boy Cat-Astrophe's ears are up & shall never be the same again hearing papa play this. :x Her, um, singing voice sounds shot like she's been screaming all day at Dave & Krist about how they'll "NEVER GET THE NIRVANA CATALOG, EVER, *between spilling + dropping her own cig's on more of Cobain's ashes from that poor trashed fucking teddy bear* NO FUCKING WAY! I'D RATHER SET IT ON FIRE THAN LET YOU HAVE MY KURT'S MUSIC :!:AND ANOTHER THING YOU BASTARDS ... (by now she doesn't realize that the other 2 have walked out of the office while speaker phone is on) " danny's right about HR vs Courtney. Perhaps they should do gigs together as Bad Holes or Ho Brains :?: ;)
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby john stabb » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:02 pm

Also, I think Courtney, herself, can do a good enough job her own "shreds" better than anyone toying with her sound online to make it sound godawful.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby NotBaker » Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:09 pm

I hate that song. WHFS seemed to play it every-other-song in 94/95. But with that said, I don't care. The source material (full band) sounds alright (but still not my thing). I'm sure plenty of bands would sound shitty if you isolated the vocals or single instruments.
NotBaker

Return to daghouse