Citizens Arrest - reissue repress

Citizens Arrest - reissue repress

Postby patient_ot » Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:59 am

Anyone know anything about this? Pressing/sound quality?

http://www.nwnprod.com/shop/index.php?m ... 915b68fa47
patient_ot

Re: Citizens Arrest - reissue repress

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:54 pm

patient_ot wrote:Anyone know anything about this? Pressing/sound quality?

Not sure, but it looks like the same track listing/discography as the Colossus 2xLp I picked up at their show here back in 2010.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby patient_ot » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:32 pm

JGJR wrote:

Not sure, but it looks like the same track listing/discography as the Colossus 2xLp I picked up at their show here back in 2010.

How is the one you have JG?
patient_ot

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:20 pm

everyone i know who got it said it sounded good. they left off the live flexi since they said it sounded like shit so i think a lot of care went into making it. this looks like an exact repress of the one JGJR mentioned. daryl is a vinyl nerd and oversees all of this stuff to the best of my knowledge, so i doubt it sounds crappy.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:44 am

patient_ot wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I've honestly yet to play it, but should correct that ASAP.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Welly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:16 am

JGJR wrote:
patient_ot wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I've honestly yet to play it, but should correct that ASAP.

You haven't played it in four years? Never mind, the CA vocalist is in a death metal band with the guy who did this...

http://www.discogs.com/artist/507306-Sturmführer

Welly

Postby version sound » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:58 am

“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby version sound » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:43 am

Who is this stupid asshole again?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Welly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:54 am

version sound wrote:Who is this stupid asshole again?

Which one?
Welly

Postby version sound » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:58 am

Welly wrote:
version sound wrote:Who is this stupid asshole again?

Which one?

The dickface being interviewed. Is he associated with C.A. and/or NWN?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby patient_ot » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:10 am

I think you guys are talking about Craig Pillard, formerly of Incantation, the death metal band. There was a band called Disma which was made up of former members of Incantation and the guy from Citizens Arrest. Supposedly Pillard renounced the Nazi stuff before Disma formed. There was a big shitstorm related to Disma's slot at the festival Chaos in Tejas when someone dug up Pillard's Nazi music/interviews before the festival was going to happen. I'm not sure what ended up happening after that. There was talk about the band being booted from the festival. I didn't follow what happened after that, and all this stuff is old news anyway from a couple years ago now, I think.
patient_ot

Postby Welly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:20 am

patient_ot wrote:I think you guys are talking about Craig Pillard, formerly of Incantation, the death metal band. There was a band called Disma which was made up of former members of Incantation and the guy from Citizens Arrest. Supposedly Pillard renounced the Nazi stuff before Disma formed. There was a big shitstorm related to Disma's slot at the festival Chaos in Tejas when someone dug up Pillard's Nazi music/interviews before the festival was going to happen. I'm not sure what ended up happening after that. There was talk about the band being booted from the festival. I didn't follow what happened after that, and all this stuff is old news anyway from a couple years ago now, I think.

Old news, but relevant. Funny that he apparently 'renounced' it all when he seems to be pretty fuckin' hardline in that interview. Oh y'know, word got out, started to affect things by the 'PC brigade', so now he doesn't hate jews after all. Yeah whatever, fuckin' retard.
Welly

Postby patient_ot » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:38 am

I'm not defending this bonehead (Pillard) at all, but it is my understanding that a few years passed between the Sturm/Nazi stuff and when Disma started playing and recording.

That swastika CD is from 2006 and the Disma CD didn't come out until 2011. Supposedly the interview is from the early 2000s or something. Pillard could've renounced the Nazi stuff during that time, who knows. He could've also had reasons for not publicly coming out as an ex-Nazi before all the shit blew up, I can't imagine the white power scene is too kind to those that break ranks. Look at that guy that had all the tattoos removed from his face and now works for SPLC or whatever...supposedly he still gets death threats.

Anyway, I don't know Daryl Kahan personally (or Pillard) and I have no idea if Kahan knowingly associated with a Nazi when Disma was getting together was formed.

As a side note, I think Disma were/are pretty unremarkable/boring anyway.

Here is a link to a blog with more info on the whole situation:

http://dansolomon.com/post/14223534240/ ... -tejas-and
patient_ot

Postby version sound » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:05 pm

I guess it's good when people renounce shit like white power, but it's hard to believe they aren't just intrinsically assholes for ever being into that shit in the first place. If you can find a way to justify the murder of millions of people, then there is just something deeply wrong with you as a human being.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Welly » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:21 pm

version sound wrote:I guess it's good when people renounce shit like white power, but it's hard to believe they aren't just intrinsically assholes for ever being into that shit in the first place. If you can find a way to justify the murder of millions of people, then there is just something deeply wrong with you as a human being.

Innit.
Welly

Return to daghouse