GENE SIMMONS speaks ...

GENE SIMMONS speaks ...

Postby john stabb » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:30 pm

Our favorite Money grubbing/horrible hair-pieced/Serpentine tongued/Rockstar/Genius shares with us his wonderful words of wisdom.
Am I a tad late on this one :?: Kind of wanted to discuss it a bit w/ y'all after posting about it on the DARK SIDE, ya know ... Facebook.

https://music.yahoo.com/news/gene-simmo ... 00788.html

Change of title at publishing time: "KISS Isn't Just Dead, But Don't Tell Anyone"
Now, I have to read if he disses Ace for being stoned all the time in this article. If I had to be part of that Circus marketing machine they called KISS all those years, I'd never stop being stoned. Ace is the only one I still like. My x-G.I. drummer Marc Alberstadt said it best years ago "Paul Stanley is one of the luckiest people on Earth! Without any musical talent - if he wasn't in this band, he'd be peddling his ass on the corner streets of Brooklyn.

If only Honest, caring-Gene would just come out and say "We saw this band called Pentagram (official) one day and decided to take our make-up ideas a bit more extreme. But unlike those guys, we really had no musical talent so we had to add all these ridiculous explosions, blood, and glitter into our show. Quite frankly, the only talented member was Ace Frehley. The rest of us suck".

Yep, he talked smack about Ace & Peter (but in a team-player kind of analogy. I hate that kind of crap analogy!) - "Are you kidding me? If you're going to pass the ball to your teammate and they can't see where the goal is, they've got to leave.”

I guess I'm on Peter Criss side, too. After all, he did write/sing the BEST LOVE BALLAD ON EARTH! A little thing called "Beth" :roll:
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Re: GENE SIMMONS speaks ...

Postby crus » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:50 pm

A father tells his son not to get into the music business. Son gets paid for writing it on paper due to who his father is.
crus

Postby scannest » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 am

There are plenty of reasons to hate on Gene Simmons, but I don't read anything in that article that adds to the list. His comments on file sharing are closer to "fair and accurate" than most of the things that come out of his mouth. Maybe they're hyperbolic, but that's what gets you quoted I suppose.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:50 pm

scannest wrote:There are plenty of reasons to hate on Gene Simmons, but I don't read anything in that article that adds to the list. His comments on file sharing are closer to "fair and accurate" than most of the things that come out of his mouth. Maybe they're hyperbolic, but that's what gets you quoted I suppose.

This. I don't think he's actually completely wrong here.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse