Local gig

Local gig

Postby clash77 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:09 pm

So much for seeing Slapshot close to home..I shouldnt be surprised by the tats and body piercings..But this is beyond pitiful...Feel like Im at a circus..Thanks DOOKIE for bringing all the random clowns into our world..Im too sick to laugh..
clash77

Re: Local gig

Postby Janelle » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:45 am

Yeah, the crowd wasn't our old friends like I thought it'd be. And that first band we saw that I got PUMMELED to sucked but Inhuman were great to see again and we saw a few of our crew - Ron, Anthony, lil Anthony Sheer Terror... Thought we'd see Captain Two Man
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby Janelle » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:48 am

Yeah, a big dude pummeled me. I was blindsided. That sucked. Bruised and bloody but still had fun. I'm like, I have two guys next to me and I'M the one who gets knocked the f out.
When your number's up be what you are
Janelle

Postby gregpolard » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:55 pm

You do know that Dookie came out 20 years ago now, right? And that people like myself and others, who are now in our mid 30s may have gotten into punk via that album. I highly the people that are going to see Slapshot did so because they heard “Basket Case” on the radio 20 years ago and randomly decided to see a Slapshot show.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby crus » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 pm

gregpolard wrote:You do know that Dookie came out 20 years ago now, right? And that people like myself and others, who are now in our mid 30s may have gotten into punk via that album. I highly the people that are going to see Slapshot did so because they heard “Basket Case” on the radio 20 years ago and randomly decided to see a Slapshot show.

I don't get the Dookie connection either . I'd blame Biohazard as they're closer musically and culturally to the complaints in the original post. Oh and all those "hardcore" bands that want to and do sound like Pantera.
crus

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:13 am

crus wrote:
gregpolard wrote:You do know that Dookie came out 20 years ago now, right? And that people like myself and others, who are now in our mid 30s may have gotten into punk via that album. I highly the people that are going to see Slapshot did so because they heard “Basket Case” on the radio 20 years ago and randomly decided to see a Slapshot show.

I don't get the Dookie connection either . I'd blame Biohazard as they're closer musically and culturally to the complaints in the original post. Oh and all those "hardcore" bands that want to and do sound like Pantera.

Everyone has to start somewhere. If Green Day got someone into punk, awesome.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:40 pm

I must agree (though for me GD was over by the time Dookie was huge; I was and still am a huge fan of their 1st 2 albums and early singles, though, but I digress). The original post in this thread seemed like it was from a time capsule from 20 years ago.

Also, glad you're OK Janelle. It sounds like a miserable experience. I stopped going to HC shows of that sort (for the most part) many years ago for similar reasons. I did see Slapshot in maybe '93 or '94 at City Gardens once and I don't remember anything like that happening.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse