Welly

Re: Shameless Shelf-Promotion

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:36 pm

No shame EVER!!! EVER!!
Nice one.
Chris Shary

Postby Welly » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Chris Shary wrote:No shame EVER!!! EVER!!

Your art is great. The site looks cool.

I'm just joking about like innit.
Welly

Postby version sound » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:41 pm

You're much more British looking than I expected. Are you sure you're Welsh?
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Welly » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:43 pm

version sound wrote:You're much more British looking than I expected. Are you sure you're Welsh?

Midget DJs in Christmas jumpers are go!

I look far worse.

That ad was on bus shelters here once Ikea cottoned on that record nerds were buying all the shelves.
Welly

Postby Chris Shary » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:02 pm

I gotcha Welly, I'm aware you're just messing around. It's all good, and thank you for the compliment. I've been working hard on this stuff.
Chris Shary

Postby john stabb » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Wonder how much shite they had to fill those shelves with + just the filler stuff to make it look like that many albums. Like when circular ads in Sunday's newspapers used to come out for CD shelves, I looked very closely to see what names they packed them with.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby xxxMidgexxx » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:30 pm

Send me rare Marilion stuff. The "Punch and Judy" shaped pic disc and Marbles 2 x LP white wax numbered to 500
xxxMidgexxx

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:56 am

version sound wrote:You're much more British looking than I expected. Are you sure you're Welsh?

Uh, Wales is in GB. Also, I am hopefully picking up a 5x1 Expedit shelf tonight (they don't make 'em anymore, but I found someone selling it on craigslist). I don't have nearly as many records (estimate is somewhere between 1,000 and 1,500 for the 12"s) as the guy pictured, but I have a full 4x2 and another full 5x1 and once I get this shelf, about half of that one will be filled up, too. The music room is coming together quite nicely (set up the stereo a few days ago). Yes, I have one now.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:26 am

JGJR wrote:

Uh, Wales is in GB.

Nah man, they floated it out into the Atlantic, due to be sunk in 2018.

NATO are currently here having last ditch talks to try and salvage it and turn it into an aircraft carrier.
Welly

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:45 am

Welly wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Uh, Wales is in GB.

NATO are currently here having last ditch talks to try and salvage it and turn it into an aircraft carrier.

Sink with Wales when it falls into the sea?*

*Hopefully not, of course, but with global warming it may be a possibility!
JGJR

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:52 am

JGJR wrote:
Welly wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Uh, Wales is in GB.

Sink with Wales when it falls into the sea?*

*Hopefully not, of course, but with global warming it may be a possibility!

Nah, we'll be OK, there's a coalition of druids intent on levitating it with close harmony singing.
Welly

Postby version sound » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:14 am

JGJR wrote:

Uh, Wales is in GB.

Sure it is. Next you'll be claiming that there's two Irelands :roll:

JGJR wrote:I am hopefully picking up a 5x1 Expedit shelf tonight (they don't make 'em anymore, but I found someone selling it on craigslist).

Good luck with that. We moved ours up one floor in the same building and it seems rather Jah wobbly now. They aren't exactly built to last.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 am

version sound wrote:Good luck with that. We moved ours up one floor in the same building and it seems rather Jah wobbly now. They aren't exactly built to last.

Bullshit! That's Swedish design man. Maybe it's your American house that's wobbly. :D
Welly

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:25 am

version sound wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Uh, Wales is in GB.

Sure it is. Next you'll be claiming that there's two Irelands :roll:

JGJR wrote:I am hopefully picking up a 5x1 Expedit shelf tonight (they don't make 'em anymore, but I found someone selling it on craigslist).

Good luck with that. We moved ours up one floor in the same building and it seems rather Jah wobbly now. They aren't exactly built to last.

The shelves I have now are (as far as I can tell at least) in good shape and we have had them for over 5 years now. I know IKEA furniture isn't exactly the best quality, but it serves my purposes and it was an upgrade over what I was storing records on before that.

Luckily, I won't have to drag it up a flight of stairs since the music room is on the first floor (in our old place, we lived on the ground floor). I'm curious if you had to take it apart before moving it? My guess is no, but I heard that IKEA furniture is just not designed for that. It sounds like a huge pain anyway.
JGJR

Postby version sound » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:27 am

Hell no, we didn't take it apart. The wobbliness was definitely a result of moving it, so don't pay too much if you're buying used, unless you're also buying the house around it.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby Welly » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:28 am

You should've taken it apart you numbskull.

Besides, if you can store yer records anywhere other than the ground floor, you don't have enough records.

How's that for pretentious asshole? :D
Welly

Postby version sound » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:36 am

Welly wrote:You should've taken it apart you numbskull.

1) Those things are a pain in the ass to put together, so I wasn't about to do that.

2) Disassembling and re-assembling is even more likely to make everything loosey goosey.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby FlexMyHead » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:23 pm

I recently went with my GF to IKEA and she bought dumb shit she didn't need and I bought their new version of the record shelves/cubes. From what I can tell, it just looks like they used less material on the sides, but it's basically the same thing? I'm a fucking sloth and still haven't built it yet.
FlexMyHead

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:42 pm

Welly wrote:Sure it is. Next you'll be claiming that there's two Irelands :roll:

Given its history, I would never claim that, actually (in all seriousness).

I never meant to say that Wales is the same as other places in the GB/UK.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:45 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:I recently went with my GF to IKEA and she bought dumb shit she didn't need and I bought their new version of the record shelves/cubes. From what I can tell, it just looks like they used less material on the sides, but it's basically the same thing? I'm a fucking sloth and still haven't built it yet.

Yeah, my wife helped me build the ones we have when we got them 5 plus years ago. I'm glad the one I'm getting tonight is already assembled.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:16 pm

Ikea stuff is kinda crappy but I love it. I have the expedite 4x4 one and it’s not as sturdy as it seems. It looks nice though.
We also got whatever the new version is, but just a 4x1. I don’t have that many records though so hopefully it will provide me with years of space.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby version sound » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:58 am

gregpolard wrote:Ikea stuff is kinda crappy but I love it. I have the expedite 4x4 one and it’s not as sturdy as it seems. It looks nice though.

Yup. That's why ours only has LPs on the bottom row. I may ruin my hard-won reputation as king of the hipsters by disclosing this, but we actually bought ours for books. It never saw a single record until we moved apartments a few months ago.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:44 am

version sound wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Ikea stuff is kinda crappy but I love it. I have the expedite 4x4 one and it’s not as sturdy as it seems. It looks nice though.

Yup. That's why ours only has LPs on the bottom row. I may ruin my hard-won reputation as king of the hipsters by disclosing this, but we actually bought ours for books. It never saw a single record until we moved apartments a few months ago.

That's awesome. It is definitely aesthetically pleasing, which I like. Also, the 4x4 one was a BITCH to move. My dad came to help us and it took all 3 of us to safely move it.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Welly » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:52 am

JGJR wrote:
Welly wrote:Sure it is. Next you'll be claiming that there's two Irelands :roll:

Given its history, I would never claim that, actually (in all seriousness).

I never meant to say that Wales is the same as other places in the GB/UK.

In all seriousness, I never wrote that, actually.

This room is Expedit vinyl heavy. 5 x 5, 4 x 4, 2 x 4 and 2 x 2 = pretentious asshole.
Welly

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:07 am

gregpolard wrote:
version sound wrote:

That's awesome. It is definitely aesthetically pleasing, which I like. Also, the 4x4 one was a BITCH to move. My dad came to help us and it took all 3 of us to safely move it.

The 5x1 that I moved myself last week wasn't particularly heavy or hard to lift, but just awkward to carry because of its height. And like VS said, it is a bit Jah Wobbly (unfortunately) but I'll take it especially considering I was able to get a used one that matches the 5x1 I already had exactly. It's now about half full. I'm having trouble posting a pic of it, but if I figure out how to do it, I will.
JGJR

Return to daghouse