TEAR IT UP!

TEAR IT UP!

Postby The Snake » Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:22 pm

So, what do you think about TEAR IT UP, they don´t make them like that anymore.
Also, I´m a fan of some related TIU bands like DEAD NATION, THE RITES and CUT THE SHIT.
All of these bands were one of the best hc/punk bands of the 2000.´s (and late 90.´s for DEAD NATION), so speak up your opinion about those bands too.
I like all TIU records but lots of people agree on that their Nothing To Nothing LP is one of the best hc/punk LP´s from the 2000.´s.
Any thoughts?
The Snake

Re: TEAR IT UP!

Postby gregpolard » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:00 pm

Great band. Saw them live a bunch of times.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby The Snake » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:08 pm

gregpolard wrote:Great band. Saw them live a bunch of times.

I envy you, I wish I could see them.
The Snake

Postby paul » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:35 pm

I put out one of their records. And I hate them.
paul

Postby gregpolard » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:30 pm

paul - which record?
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby The Snake » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:01 am

Yeah, I´m also curious.
The Snake

Postby Welly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:18 am

Great band, bought all the records, saw 'em, interviewed 'em, wore the shirt out. Also put the Rites on. Not heard from Matt in a few years, but I think he's busy teaching.
Welly

Postby The Snake » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:44 am

Yeah, The Rites are also a great band!
Matt played bass in Guilt Trip from 2008. to 2010. (also cool band, hc/punk meets r´n´r riffs) and sang in Awkward Girls few years ago (kind of melodic punk rock/power pop), but I´m not sure if that band is still going on.
Welly, do you have maybe any copy of Artcore left with Tear It Up interview?
The Snake

Postby Welly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:50 am

The Snake wrote:Welly, do you have maybe any copy of Artcore left with Tear It Up interview?

Unfortunately not, sold out a long time ago.
Welly

Postby The Snake » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:49 am

Welly wrote:
The Snake wrote:Welly, do you have maybe any copy of Artcore left with Tear It Up interview?

Unfortunately not, sold out a long time ago.

Thought so.

I still miss some TIU interviews, like from: Artcore # 17, Fracture (not sure which issue), MRR # 217, Murder Contest # 1, Meet Sheet # 5 and some more smaller zines... So if anyone has some of these zines and is willing to scan TIU interviews and send it to me, it would be much appreciated.
The Snake

Postby paul » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:45 pm

gregpolard wrote:paul - which record?

I put out the Tear It Up / Down In Flames split 7". I was really good friends with those guys since the Dead Nation days. I was in a band that used to play with them all the time, and those dudes ran a cool label called "Slaughterhouse" and I ran a little label called "8 bit records" and we used to support each others bands and labels. After Dead Nation broke up, they blew up and Tear It Up kind of capitalized on that popularity and became somewhat popular seemingly overnight. I was doing a band called "Something In The Water" with John Devlin from Down In Flames and I knew that DIF and TIU were good friends who played a lot, and I was good friends with both bands so I offered to put out a split. I won't get into the details, but those dudes kind of screwed me over for no good reason. When I offered to put out the record they didn't even have a demo out yet, and by the time the split came out they had their 1st 7" and were already popular and their attitudes totally changed, it was really silly. I guess everyone was young and a little dumb back then (this was like 10 years ago) so maybe it's better to just leave the past in the past.
paul

Postby The Snake » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:59 pm

paul wrote:

I put out the Tear It Up / Down In Flames split 7". I was really good friends with those guys since the Dead Nation days. I was in a band that used to play with them all the time, and those dudes ran a cool label called "Slaughterhouse" and I ran a little label called "8 bit records" and we used to support each others bands and labels. After Dead Nation broke up, they blew up and Tear It Up kind of capitalized on that popularity and became somewhat popular seemingly overnight. I was doing a band called "Something In The Water" with John Devlin from Down In Flames and I knew that DIF and TIU were good friends who played a lot, and I was good friends with both bands so I offered to put out a split. I won't get into the details, but those dudes kind of screwed me over for no good reason. When I offered to put out the record they didn't even have a demo out yet, and by the time the split came out they had their 1st 7" and were already popular and their attitudes totally changed, it was really silly. I guess everyone was young and a little dumb back then (this was like 10 years ago) so maybe it's better to just leave the past in the past.

So, you were doing Die Hardcore Records?
The Snake

Postby Dan Celebrity » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:00 pm

The Snake wrote: Meet Sheet # 5

Pretty sure I have this one somewhere at my parents' house. It may be a different issue of Meat Sheets though. Next time I'm there I'll check around for it. If I can find it/it's the right issue, I'll send it to you.
Dan Celebrity

Postby The Snake » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:22 am

Dan Celebrity wrote:
The Snake wrote: Meet Sheet # 5

Pretty sure I have this one somewhere at my parents' house. It may be a different issue of Meat Sheets though. Next time I'm there I'll check around for it. If I can find it/it's the right issue, I'll send it to you.

That would be great, thanks a lot!
The Snake

Postby paul » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:13 am

The Snake wrote:
paul wrote:

So, you were doing Die Hardcore Records?

Yes
paul

Postby gregpolard » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:14 am

paul wrote:

I like that record! My friend put out the DIF/Gatecrashers split 7".
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:24 pm

Welly wrote:Great band, bought all the records, saw 'em, interviewed 'em, wore the shirt out. Also put the Rites on. Not heard from Matt in a few years, but I think he's busy teaching.

If it's the same guy I'm thinking of , he started a label called Plays with Dolls and still owes me a Vivian Girls 7". :lol:

*kinda kidding but I did enter into a Paypal dispute with him; didn't know until a few years later that he was in Tear It Up, etc. VG eventually took back a bunch of singles from him and I was able to get one at one of their shows, FWIW.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby The Snake » Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:09 am

JGJR wrote:
Welly wrote:Great band, bought all the records, saw 'em, interviewed 'em, wore the shirt out. Also put the Rites on. Not heard from Matt in a few years, but I think he's busy teaching.

If it's the same guy I'm thinking of , he started a label called Plays with Dolls and still owes me a Vivian Girls 7". :lol:

*kinda kidding but I did enter into a Paypal dispute with him; didn't know until a few years later that he was in Tear It Up, etc. VG eventually took back a bunch of singles from him and I was able to get one at one of their shows, FWIW.

I don´t think that Matt started any label ever.
It is probably some other dude.
The Snake

Postby The Snake » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:25 am

http://stagparty.bandcamp.com/

New band, Matt on drums, Swank (ex Staring Problems) on vocals.
The Snake

Postby JGJR » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:16 am

The Snake wrote:
JGJR wrote:

I don´t think that Matt started any label ever.
It is probably some other dude.

It is. I'd always thought he was in TIU, but he was in Splitting Headache with some of their members. Sorry for the confusion!

http://rateyourmusic.com/artist/splitting_headache
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby The Snake » Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:28 am

JGJR, no problem!
The Snake

Return to daghouse