Rock n Roll- Born in America, Perfected in Britain

Rock n Roll- Born in America, Perfected in Britain

Postby clash77 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:44 pm

No matter the era, The Brits shaped RNR.I would love someone to prove me wrong :D.
Last edited by clash77 on Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
clash77

Re: Rock n Roll- Born in America, Perfected in Britain

Postby 77clash » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:50 pm

Chuck Berry end of story!
77clash

Postby clash77 » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:26 am

77clash wrote:Chuck Berry end of story!

Mayor Bloomberg to you!!!!!..Blah
clash77

Postby tango fistula » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:27 am

I can see how an anglophile might want to re-evaluate and pump up that resume as Spain,
Mexico and former eastern block countries continue to make more powerful music
and art.

British world influence, like their music (skiffle), loses its relevancy a little bit more
every year....and clutching to innovations made between 1963-1978 as a life raft is better
then drowning I suppose

England still have the Isle of Man, Pitcairn Island and Montserrat as an empire so
at least the sun really doesn't set yet....so there's hope!
tango fistula

Postby Welly » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:27 am

Nice.
Welly

Postby john stabb » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:24 pm

:lol: this is supposed to be a joke post, right. Not even breakfast was Perfected in Britain.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby Welly » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:21 am

Yeehaw! You Americans are fucking brilliant fair play. Utterly faultless. Invented everything. Perfected everything you didn't. No wonder the rest of us wish we could be Americans, instead of merely human. :lol:

Welly

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Sep 01, 2014 7:35 am

john stabb wrote::lol: this is supposed to be a joke post, right.

they're all joke posts.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby tango fistula » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:13 am

Ding Ding Ding!

The above comment is the winner.

Rock and roll is yet to be perfected...its a work in progress.
tango fistula

Postby James » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:56 am

Welly wrote:Yeehaw! You Americans are fucking brilliant fair play. Utterly faultless. Invented everything. Perfected everything you didn't. No wonder the rest of us wish we could be Americans, instead of merely human. :lol:

I like this one too.
Formerly known as Jimmy Heartburn
James

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:35 pm

yourenotevil wrote:

they're all joke posts.

Gee buddy, great call.You're ahead of the curve..Will you be posting anything soon?Or just remain on the sideline with an occasional response?.I wont care what your answer is but others may.
clash77

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:58 pm

clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

they're all joke posts.

Gee buddy, great call.You're ahead of the curve..Will you be posting anything soon?Or just remain on the sideline with an occasional response?.I wont care what your answer is but others may.

isn't everyone on the sideline on a message board? i guess i could make a thread like "who do you like better? grand funk railroad or the big boys?" i just don't see the point.
yourenotevil

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:27 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

they're all joke posts.

isn't everyone on the sideline on a message board? i guess i could make a thread like "who do you like better? grand funk railroad or the big boys?" i just don't see the point.
But you dont..right?..A dick comment like that created me..If you dont care then ignore..Not all of us are Liberals that worship some of the dogshit music thats glorified here..So much for an opposing voice on "your
" board..How
boring would it be if you all agreed all the time? cmon man
clash77

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:21 pm

clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

they're all joke posts.

But you dont..right?..A dick comment like that created me..If you dont care then ignore..Not all of us are Liberals that worship some of the dogshit music thats glorified here..So much for an opposing voice on "your
" board..How

so many things said here and they don't make sense, but here's my reply:

my grand funk comment was sarcastic.....

my joke comment from earlier was a joke......

what created you here? my comments? you came to this board of your own accord. no one cares if you stay or go.

"liberals that worship dogshit music". if you read any of the threads other than the ones you post, you would know i am not a liberal or a fan of what most of this board "worships" musically. that aside, i don't see what politics has anything to do with taste in music, or this board.

never said this was my board, ever. i welcome dissenting opinions, but your posts are either random questions or political rantings that don't make any sense 99% of the time. you can keep posting all you want, but i am free to comment on it.
yourenotevil

Postby clash77 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:35 pm

yourenotevil wrote:
clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

they're all joke posts.

" board..How

what created you here? my comments? you came to this board of your own accord. no one cares if you stay or go.

"liberals that worship dogshit music". if you read any of the threads other than the ones you post, you would know i am not a liberal or a fan of what most of this board "worships" musically. that aside, i don't see what politics has anything to do with taste in music, or said this was my board, ever. i welcome dissenting opinions,butyour posts are either random questions or political rantings that don't make any sense 99% of the time. you can keep posting all you want, but i am free to comment on it.
A well thought response, though inaccurate.You still havn't answered my question?????
clash77

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:40 pm

clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:
clash77 wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:

they're all joke posts.

" board..How

"liberals that worship dogshit music". if you read any of the threads other than the ones you post, you would know i am not a liberal or a fan of what most of this board "worships" musically. that aside, i don't see what politics has anything to do with taste in music, or said this was my board, ever. i welcome dissenting opinions,butyour posts are either random questions or political rantings that don't make any sense 99% of the time. you can keep posting all you want, but i am free to comment on it.
A well thought response, though inaccurate.You still havn't answered my question?????

inaccurate how?

what question? is it boring if everyone agrees on everything all of the time? of course. i don't see everyone agreeing here all of the time though. on the other hand, i don't think most of your posts really spark a lot of discussion. they pretty much function as questionnaires. which is fine, but asking someone name 10 hc bands they like isn't a discussion, it's making a list. there is a difference.
yourenotevil

Postby tango fistula » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:27 am

The lists are to engender discussions and disagreements...right?

Here are a few talking points:

1. Bad Religion had one and a half good records.
2. Dagnasty doesn't even have that.
3. Descendents are the new Foo Fighters...formerly punks who play to
no less then 10,000 per show.
4. Nostalgia is poison.
tango fistula

Return to daghouse