Attn: Dot Dash

Attn: Dot Dash

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:55 am

Did you guys release a new two song EP? I got an email from Spotify letting me know about it, and then saw on iTunes. If so, I'm gonna grab on iTunes. :)
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Re: Attn: Dot Dash

Postby scannest » Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:57 am

Those guys are giving GBV a run for their money when it comes to releases.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:03 am

scannest wrote:Those guys are giving GBV a run for their money when it comes to releases.

If this is them, they slowed down since usually it's an album every summer!

Eagerly awaiting hearing some more Thirteen tracks too, Sal. I saw you have been listening to some new demos.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 am

gregpolard wrote:Eagerly awaiting hearing some more Thirteen tracks too, Sal. I saw you have been listening to some new demos.

Finding me a drummer in the greater Philadelphia area would go a long way towards making that happen. Do you know anyone?
scannest

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:32 am

scannest wrote:
gregpolard wrote:Eagerly awaiting hearing some more Thirteen tracks too, Sal. I saw you have been listening to some new demos.

Finding me a drummer in the greater Philadelphia area would go a long way towards making that happen. Do you know anyone?

Where in Philly do you guys rehearse? I can put some feelers out and I have the latest LP to play them to get the idea across :)
gregpolard

Postby scannest » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:53 am

gregpolard wrote:Where in Philly do you guys rehearse? I can put some feelers out and I have the latest LP to play them to get the idea across :)

We have a (free) rehearsal space in south Philly, not far from Broad and Snyder. Not looking for a major commitment - 1 Saturday afternoon a month, maybe 2. Shows every couple months, record new stuff eventually.
scannest

Postby danny » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:22 am

that is not us. it is some johnny-come-lately from the uk. we are trying to figure out how to get spotify to decouple it from us. it's bad enough there is a french dot dash that started shortly after we did. pfft.

anyway - we are starting to rehearse songs for cd#4. We have ten or eleven in varying stages of development. We do have a song in an upcoming movie (Kelly and Cal)...and will have a song on two different various artist things shortly. But we claim no ownership of the dot dash song entitled dot dash. I encourage you to send a note to spotify and complain about this sham! or not.
danny

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:31 am

danny wrote:that is not us. it is some johnny-come-lately from the uk. we are trying to figure out how to get spotify to decouple it from us. it's bad enough there is a french dot dash that started shortly after we did. pfft.

anyway - we are starting to rehearse songs for cd#4. We have ten or eleven in varying stages of development. We do have a song in an upcoming movie (Kelly and Cal)...and will have a song on two different various artist things shortly. But we claim no ownership of the dot dash song entitled dot dash. I encourage you to send a note to spotify and complain about this sham! or not.

Thanks Danny! I'm glad I didn't just impulsively download it or I'd have been bummed!
gregpolard

Postby danny » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:55 am

gregpolard wrote:
danny wrote:that is not us. it is some johnny-come-lately from the uk. we are trying to figure out how to get spotify to decouple it from us. it's bad enough there is a french dot dash that started shortly after we did. pfft.

Thanks Danny! I'm glad I didn't just impulsively download it or I'd have been bummed!

I'm surprised that xxxhunterxxx didn't respond to this. but i just remembered, he's doing a week in the Catskills of his one-man Gore Vidal musical: "Burr!"
danny

Postby john stabb » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:27 pm

:lol: Hunter in the Catskills.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby john stabb » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:29 pm

I'd prefer to see his "Give 'em Hell Harry" that was made famous by James Whitmore.
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby version sound » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:56 am

I'm listening to Winter Garden Light this morning and remembering how good these guys are.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Return to daghouse