Artcore Records: State Funeral and Terminal Decay

Artcore Records: State Funeral and Terminal Decay

Postby version sound » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:23 am

Welly finally got off his ass and sent me a working download code for these*. The State Funeral EP is classic hardcore, but not in a generic throwback sense. It has a little quirkiness to it that I would call post-punky, but that really just means that it's not just wall to wall power chords and Welly isn't trying to sound like John Brannon. The Terminal Decay comp is chock full of good stuff. Of course, I lean toward the less melodic stuff, but it's all good. Upon first listen, Burning Sensations were probably my favorite band, but I need more time to really digest it all, especially since I've heard little or nothing by any of these bands.

*I was the one who dragged my ass, and the first code not working was probably attributable to my phone sucking.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Re: Artcore Records: State Funeral and Terminal Decay

Postby Gary » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:12 pm

Good comps are rare these days,but Terminal Decay is definitely a good one.
Gary

Postby Welly » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Thanks guys! Glad you got the download to work VS. Down to my last couple of dozen copies of TD, so I managed to get nearly 500 copies out in the world in 18 months, which is no mean feat selling compilations these days to a generation who largely do not connect with them.
Welly

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:02 pm

I have to echo VS' sentiments. I really like the State Funeral 7" and at the time I said that it was something I would've heard on WRSU's Radio Riot show in the early '90s, just classic '80s punk/hardcore with no particular scene/sound affiliation but done very well. I haven't spent as much time with the Terminal Decay comp as I should, but when I listened to it, Burning Sensation was the immediate standout for me, too. You MUST hear their Lp. It's honestly (unless I'm forgetting something) my favorite hardcore record of possibly the last 15 years.

https://soundcloud.com/ros-records/sets ... on-burning

I don't know if vinyl copies are still available, but I can get you in touch with the guy who put it out if you're interested after hearing this.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Return to daghouse