Artcore Issue #32

Artcore Issue #32

Postby Welly » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:47 pm

I know, I know, you're all too old to read fanzines, but...

http://artcorefanzine.bigcartel.com/

Welly

Re: Artcore Issue #32

Postby version sound » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Ordered, what fool isn't buying the only fanzine left worth reading?
Last edited by version sound on Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby lewdd » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Nice video.
lewdd

Postby Grandma's Hands » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:20 pm

Man i love So Much Hate
Grandma's Hands

Postby Gary » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:22 pm

Awesome,will be buying.
Gary

Postby Welly » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:50 pm

Thanks all.
Welly

Postby john stabb » Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Very nice zine video :!:
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby Michele » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:18 pm

just posted my order ;)
"Punker": Damnit, your english is confusing!
"Version Sound": Damnit, your english is amazing!
"Cischord": Damnit, my English is confusing!
Michele

Postby JGJR » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:10 am

Trailer is great; song is wonderful (so much up my alley); I'd never even heard of this band before, so you're not kidding about it being lost/forgotten, but hopefully no longer. Anyway, the issue looks great, too. I'd love to order, but I'm curious how long it should take to get across the pond since we're moving in a few weeks. I may just wait until then. And I meant to get the last one, too, but never did, so I should get both.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby Welly » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:20 am

JGJR wrote:Trailer is great; song is wonderful (so much up my alley); I'd never even heard of this band before, so you're not kidding about it being lost/forgotten, but hopefully no longer. Anyway, the issue looks great, too. I'd love to order, but I'm curious how long it should take to get across the pond since we're moving in a few weeks. I may just wait until then. And I meant to get the last one, too, but never did, so I should get both.

Would be mailed out by the end of the week. 5-7 days air. This time of year closer to 5, I've had stuff arrive in 3. Thanks!

Great song, but not even the best song on the EP (that track's from Barricaded Suspects comp on Toxic Shock). To me, the actual original EP has a more 12"/Dance With Me TSOL vibe, but with a quirky Minutemen/new wave thing thrown in. The song 'American Dream' has that bass driven thing like Dance With Me (Die For Me, Sounds of Laughter etc.) and songs like 'Is Everybody Gone?' sound like something off the first TSOL 12" (Abolish Government, Superficial Love etc.) Seriously good record, I just hope people want to take the risk on something they don't know. You know what it's like.
Welly

Postby 77clash » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:22 am

What is the name of the 2nd bonus track?
77clash

Postby Welly » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:27 am

That is a strange question. You just going to make an mp3 playlist? Ha ha.
Welly

Postby 77clash » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:35 am

Welly wrote:That is a strange question. You just going to make an mp3 playlist? Ha ha.

I just bought their CD here http://www.hottramprecords.com/releases.html.
77clash

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:23 pm

Never thought I'd see Life But How To Live It called hardcore! I've always been a fan but people I'd play it for say the guitarist/music sounded like Rush or something. Captain Not Responsible (with same members) was way more hardcore/punk, as was Drunk. I think So Much Hate dude was in them. Need to order this.
FlexMyHead

Postby JGJR » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:02 pm

FlexMyHead wrote:Never thought I'd see Life But How To Live It called hardcore! I've always been a fan but people I'd play it for say the guitarist/music sounded like Rush or something. Captain Not Responsible (with same members) was way more hardcore/punk, as was Drunk. I think So Much Hate dude was in them. Need to order this.

Yeah Life But How to Live It were fantastic. It's funny how bands like them or Sticks and Stones (a huge favorite of mine) were compared to Rush by some because they didn't play generic type stuff, but those bands that are tough to categorize tend to be my favorites.
JGJR

Postby Welly » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:30 am

FlexMyHead wrote:Never thought I'd see Life But How To Live It called hardcore! I've always been a fan but people I'd play it for say the guitarist/music sounded like Rush or something. Captain Not Responsible (with same members) was way more hardcore/punk, as was Drunk. I think So Much Hate dude was in them. Need to order this.

Sorry man, damn shoulda called the article "Eighties Norwegian hardcore and punk including punkish, punky, punkesque and even bands that the guitarist sounded a bit like Rush". Then again, why say Quasineomacroantiprioritzationalisticism when you can say BREAK DOWN THE WALLS! :D
Welly

Postby JGJR » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:37 pm

Welly wrote:

Sorry man, damn shoulda called the article "Eighties Norwegian hardcore and punk including punkish, punky, punkesque and even bands that the guitarist sounded a bit like Rush". Then again, why say Quasineomacroantiprioritzationalisticism when you can say BREAK DOWN THE WALLS! :D

Though you are a stickler for wording, I agree with your point. It's all punk. Later tonight, I'm going to see a friend's band in an anarchist type space here that I've never been to, but they sound more like For Against or The Sound than say, Crass (who I like) or the usual blackened metallic crust that's popular around here (I can't be bothered with that stuff).
JGJR

Postby Welly » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:43 am

JGJR wrote:Though you are a stickler for wording, I agree with your point. It's all punk.

Like Bob Mould's new album.

A 'stickler for wording' would be someone who decides to write 'punkish' or 'punky' instead of just 'punk'. :D
Welly

Postby Welly » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:54 pm

All orders went out today, thanks for your support those who ordered.
Welly

Postby Michele » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:27 am

great, can't wait to receive my copy :)
Michele

Postby wALLton » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:01 am

JGJR wrote:

Yeah Life But How to Live It were fantastic. It's funny how bands like them or Sticks and Stones (a huge favorite of mine) were compared to Rush by some because they didn't play generic type stuff, but those bands that are tough to categorize tend to be my favorites.

Thanks for the intro to this band! Really loving what I've heard so far and thankful to find several of their out-of-print releases out in the blogsphere. Another reminder of the sheer number of great bands out there that I'd never have found out about if it wasn't for this place. Cheers folks!
wALLton

Postby Welly » Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:40 am

Good stuff. Now how about a zine for the weekend sir? Features many more bands you'll never have found out about if it not for this place. :D
Welly

Postby wALLton » Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Welly wrote:Good stuff. Now how about a zine for the weekend sir? Features many more bands you'll never have found out about if it not for this place. :D

Ha-ha, don't worry sir, I'll be placing an order shortly. Just deciding which of the many back issues I'll be adding on before pulling the trigger. Does the Terminal Decay LP come with a download code? I only ask because I'm one of the few (if not the only) heathens on here lacking a vinyl decoding unit.
wALLton

Postby akissfan » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:08 pm

Just ordered a copy.
akissfan

Postby Welly » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:32 am

akissfan wrote:Just ordered a copy.

Thanks.
Welly

Postby Welly » Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:35 am

wALLton wrote:
Welly wrote:Good stuff. Now how about a zine for the weekend sir? Features many more bands you'll never have found out about if it not for this place. :D

Ha-ha, don't worry sir, I'll be placing an order shortly. Just deciding which of the many back issues I'll be adding on before pulling the trigger. Does the Terminal Decay LP come with a download code? I only ask because I'm one of the few (if not the only) heathens on here lacking a vinyl decoding unit.

The Terminal Decay download comes free with the next issue with the State Funeral 7" download. I hadn't done download codes up until then, but had so many complaints about no code with the TD LP that I added it to the next. The VA/EGS split has a code as does the new one. Thanks.
Welly

Postby Michele » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:38 pm

got my copy today, long summer weekend is ready to start :D
Michele

Postby creature » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Killer issue and Human Therapy EP! Cat and I are stoked to contribute. cheers, Welly
creature

Postby Welly » Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:13 am

Thank YOU sir (and lady).
Welly

Postby Michele » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:54 pm

as usual, one great issue... well done!!!
Michele

Postby Welly » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:58 am

wALLton wrote:
JGJR wrote:

Thanks for the intro to this band! Really loving what I've heard so far and thankful to find several of their out-of-print releases out in the blogsphere. Another reminder of the sheer number of great bands out there that I'd never have found out about if it wasn't for this place. Cheers folks!

So this just came out... and it's good.

http://bosstuneagerecords.bandcamp.com/album/7ep

CASTRO are a brand new band, but feature many people you will recognise if you know your Norwegian punk history of the past 30 years. Featuring members of Norwegian punk legends ANGOR WAT and ISRAELVIS, and the welcome return of Katja (ex LIFE BUT HOW TO LIVE IT) on vocals
Welly

Return to daghouse