All Eyes West - new record

All Eyes West - new record

Postby Jaygun » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:13 pm

Hey ! We are doing a kickstarter for our new record. Tucker Rule is playing drums on it,and J Robbins is recording it. If you can help spread the word,that would rule!
Thanks!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/446 ... -j-robbins
Jaygun

Re: All Eyes West - new record

Postby SamDBL » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:39 pm

I will gladly give to this campaign.

PS #11, YNE.
SamDBL

Postby Jaygun » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:44 pm

SamDBL wrote:I will gladly give to this campaign.

PS #11, YNE.

Thanks dude!
:D
Jaygun

Postby sonofa » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:09 pm

So you guys would be coming to Baltimore?
sonofa

Postby Jaygun » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:27 pm

sonofa wrote:So you guys would be coming to Baltimore?

Yeah! We will be there for 2 weeks I believe starting Sept 7th. I was just going to record it originally,but I feel we are all to close to the music,and need someone outside of the band contributing. J is my friend,and I trust him,plus Tucker is in NYC,so it just makes sense.
Jaygun

Postby wALLton » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:18 am

Pledged. Hope you meet your goal.
wALLton

Postby scannest » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:44 am

Backed! But I have to say, I went back and forth on the options for a couple reasons. I already own the first record. I would love the new one and the 4-track EP, but the only choice was $10 for the new one or $20 for the new one, the EP and the first record. Ideally there would have been a $15 option for the 2 I wanted, but that's nitpicking, ain't it? I also wish there was an option to purchase a physcial product in addition to getting the ealy d/l.
Regardless, I like the band and they get my 10 bucks. Hoping to make it to the NYC show on the 15th.
"It's got some great chanting on it" - gregpolard.
scannest

Postby wALLton » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:17 am

scannest wrote:Backed! But I have to say, I went back and forth on the options for a couple reasons. I already own the first record. I would love the new one and the 4-track EP, but the only choice was $10 for the new one or $20 for the new one, the EP and the first record. Ideally there would have been a $15 option for the 2 I wanted, but that's nitpicking, ain't it? I also wish there was an option to purchase a physcial product in addition to getting the ealy d/l.
Regardless, I like the band and they get my 10 bucks. Hoping to make it to the NYC show on the 15th.

I thought the exact same thing. I wondered if you could pledge $10 and get the new album, and then re-pledge $5 and get the EP, but haven't tried it yet. I also bought the first album (bandcamp?) so would have preferred to get both the EP and as-yet-to-be-released release.
wALLton

Postby gregpolard » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:30 am

scannest wrote:Backed! But I have to say, I went back and forth on the options for a couple reasons. I already own the first record. I would love the new one and the 4-track EP, but the only choice was $10 for the new one or $20 for the new one, the EP and the first record. Ideally there would have been a $15 option for the 2 I wanted, but that's nitpicking, ain't it? I also wish there was an option to purchase a physcial product in addition to getting the ealy d/l.

Maybe you're just nitpicky? :lol:
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby MXV » Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Not to open up the whole Kickstarter fight again from the other thread but Jeff how is it that you can't find a label to pay for your new record? All Eyes West is my favorite of the 275 bands you play in and you guys should have no problems finding a label to fund and release your record.

Also you owe me some money and a Bomb record my friend, but I blame the fact that I haven't seen you in person in quite some time for the reason I've been unable to collect. That and you are on tour a lot with the many bands you play in.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby SamDBL » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:38 pm

MXV wrote:Not to open up the whole Kickstarter fight again from the other thread but Jeff how is it that you can't find a label to pay for your new record? All Eyes West is my favorite of the 275 bands you play in and you guys should have no problems finding a label to fund and release your record.

I have no idea about their situation, specifically. But a) being good has very little to do with getting on a record label and b) most indy labels besides the really big 3 or 5 offer some sort of 'give us a finished product and we'll pay to have it manufactured' deal. I think a lot of bands figure 'fuck it' are using this shift as a chance to try out the fully independent, retain all control, self-release deal.
SamDBL

Postby Jaygun » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:40 pm

SamDBL wrote:
MXV wrote:Not to open up the whole Kickstarter fight again from the other thread but Jeff how is it that you can't find a label to pay for your new record? All Eyes West is my favorite of the 275 bands you play in and you guys should have no problems finding a label to fund and release your record.

I have no idea about their situation, specifically. But a) being good has very little to do with getting on a record label and b) most indy labels besides the really big 3 or 5 offer some sort of 'give us a finished product and we'll pay to have it manufactured' deal. I think a lot of bands figure 'fuck it' are using this shift as a chance to try out the fully independent, retain all control, self-release deal.

Honestly,I wasn't down with the whole kickstarter thing at first... And,I'm still not a 100% on it. But,I guess its a cool way to be able to make people aware of what you are working on,and if people want to help,that is rad. And if not,that is ok too. We are in between labels right now,and it is kind of what Sam said. No one wants to give you money to record. Everyone I've talked to about AEW wants to hear a finsihed "new" record. And apparently,no one gives a fuck how much you bust your ass anymore or what cool tours that you have been able to be a part of either. The fact that we got to tour with Bob Mould (amongst other awesome tours)doesn't mean anything compared to how many likes we have on facebook or some bullshit... You got me dude. The only way I've ever known how to be in a band,and push it to its fullest potential is to tour my ass off. And,that is what AEW has been doing non stop for almost 2 years. So with that in mind,who can save up money,when it all goes back into the tour. And we certainly can't keep full time jobs. For me,I try to fit in recording sessions between tours to make money to cover my bills. So I'm kind of at a loss...It's been 2 years since our first record,and with no label help in sight,this just seemed like an option. It's way to get our fans invloved,and get them some cool stuff too. So,we will see what happens I guess.
Jaygun

Postby Jaygun » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:56 pm

MXV wrote:Also you owe me some money and a Bomb record my friend, but I blame the fact that I haven't seen you in person in quite some time for the reason I've been unable to collect. That and you are on tour a lot with the many bands you play in.

You are right dude! I just need to see you out at some point. I'm not doing anymore Bomb gigs in Chicago,it's just not worth it to me anymore,so you will have to make it out to see Dead Ending or All Eyes West :)
Jaygun

Postby wALLton » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:04 pm

Congrats on the successful fundage!
wALLton

Postby lewdd » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:56 pm

When is the next jaygun related band post going to happen to promote his latest record and contribute nothing else to this board other than self promotion
lewdd

Postby Dinko » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:53 am

lewdd wrote:When is the next jaygun related band post going to happen to promote his latest record and contribute nothing else to this board other than self promotion

:lol: I now fully understand what meat does, and I'll have more of it.
The law of average says you will survive.
Dinko

Postby FlexMyHead » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:36 pm

Even though he pretty much just pimps his bands on here, Jaygun's story about BB throwing a wet towel on his face as he blew him off was legendary, I can't remember if BB had his arm around a girl, but it was just so Whitesnake-ish, I think about it and laugh everytime I see a Jaygun post. Doesn't hurt that his bands are really good either. If you like melodic punky stuff.
FlexMyHead

Return to daghouse