Too Fat To Drum - The Bill Ward Story

Too Fat To Drum - The Bill Ward Story

Postby gregpolard » Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:09 am

scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Re: Too Fat To Drum - The Bill Ward Story

Postby john stabb » Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:03 am

Wow, that's a HEAVY thing to say about your band mate. This comes from a geezer who pours a big bucket of water over himself onstage to cover his pissing himself cos he cannot control his urinary tract and The Lord of Darkness can't be caught in depends, can he :?: :o
GI is a group of grown men who enjoy torturing each other and the crowd.
john stabb

Postby gregpolard » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:53 am

john stabb wrote:Wow, that's a HEAVY thing to say about your band mate. This comes from a geezer who pours a big bucket of water over himself onstage to cover his pissing himself cos he cannot control his urinary tract and The Lord of Darkness can't be caught in depends, can he :?: :o

I thought the same thing. Though I will say when I saw Sabbath's first reunion tour in '99, I remember them having to dab Bill Ward off with a towel between songs cause he was so fat and sweaty.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 am

gregpolard wrote:
john stabb wrote:Wow, that's a HEAVY thing to say about your band mate. This comes from a geezer who pours a big bucket of water over himself onstage to cover his pissing himself cos he cannot control his urinary tract and The Lord of Darkness can't be caught in depends, can he :?: :o

I thought the same thing. Though I will say when I saw Sabbath's first reunion tour in '99, I remember them having to dab Bill Ward off with a towel between songs cause he was so fat and sweaty.

i don't know what shape he is in now, but everything seemed like the band was trying to short change him on the money end and is now claiming health issues. i mean, i find that ironic since no one in that band is very healthy, esp maybe for geezer(who i think is vegan). and it is not like there are not a bunch of old fat drummers out there that play on a fairly consistent basis. this one only a one month tour anyway, if that. people seem to dig the new album. i thought it was okay. personally, i am not going to pay 70 bucks to sit in a lawn seat and see ozzy's voice go after 3 songs, despite a pretty great setlist.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby SamDBL » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:06 am

The first thing I thought with the news of his non participation came up was that it might be health related. He's not looking too swell these days. I mean these dudes are pushing 70. But who knows. Maybe it was all money or a combination of things.
SamDBL

Return to daghouse