bl'ast release a new old song

bl'ast release a new old song

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:38 pm

http://doublecrossxx.com/blast-premiere ... -tomorrow/

pre-orders are up on amazon, but it is 19 for the lp without shipping.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Re: bl'ast release a new old song

Postby gregpolard » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:02 pm

Does it show how many tracks it is?
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby Welly » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 pm

What's the release date? Will try and get some for the shop, and myself. Song sounds good. Perfect mix of early COC and Black Flag.
Welly

Postby MXV » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 pm

Welly will be happy to know I was sent a digital promo of this today. I haven't downloaded it yet so I have no details on it as I type this since I'm still at work.
The Punk Vault: http://www.punkvinyl.com
MXV

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:55 pm

Welly wrote:What's the release date? Will try and get some for the shop, and myself. Song sounds good. Perfect mix of early COC and Black Flag.

i think it said sept, 3rd, but SL will post something on their blog mid aug if i remember correctly. greg-no track list.
yourenotevil

Postby Neal » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:47 pm

i just searched for a tracklist (couldn't find it) and saw that the japanese version will have 2 bonus tracks.
Neal

Postby Bill » Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:54 pm

This sounds great. Holy shit.
Bill

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:42 pm

http://blastsl.bandcamp.com/

here's the pre order stuff. i think the japanese version is a cd with extra tracks that you will get on the lp if you order the lp and get the bonus 7 inch. only thing that sucks is that you don't get the DL until the album drops. Sl is seriously the shittiest, shyster label.
yourenotevil

Postby gregpolard » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:05 pm

yourenotevil wrote:http://blastsl.bandcamp.com/

here's the pre order stuff. i think the japanese version is a cd with extra tracks that you will get on the lp if you order the lp and get the bonus 7 inch. only thing that sucks is that you don't get the DL until the album drops. Sl is seriously the shittiest, shyster label.

You hate every record label.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby obik » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:30 pm

gregpolard wrote:

He just hates anyone who actually releases music.
and i cried
aloud to heaven
and i knelt
on all six legs
and vowed a vow
of vengeance
obik

Postby version sound » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:43 pm

$17 for LP + 7" + D/L isn't that bad. I can understand why they want to hold back the download until the record ships. It would instantly be available online for free if they didn't do it that way.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:59 pm

version sound wrote:$17 for LP + 7" + D/L isn't that bad. I can understand why they want to hold back the download until the record ships. It would instantly be available online for free if they didn't do it that way.

it's $21 with the shipping, which is pretty steep.
yourenotevil

Postby yourenotevil » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:04 pm

gregpolard wrote:

not really, for every shitty label like TKO or SL, there is something out there like painkiller, A389, deep six, six weeks, reaper, prank, feral ward, etc. just none of those labels really get the big deals to do the reissues. i think SL as a label itself is fine, but they are notorious for high shipping and record/cd prices. when the Pi stuff came out, it was like 15 dollars for a cd.
yourenotevil

Postby SamDBL » Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:46 pm

pre-orders!
SamDBL

Postby gregpolard » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:08 pm

Looks like this is the track list, unless I'm reading this wrong:

1.Only Time Will Tell
2.Ssshhh!
3.Sometimes
4.Winding Down
5.Look Into Myself
6.Tomorrow
7.Your Eyes
8.Poison
9.Sequel
10.Something Beyond
11.It's In My Blood
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 pm

Also, if the tracklist above is correct, $20.78 total for an 11 song LP and a 7" to be shipped out is not a bad deal at all.
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:48 pm

version sound wrote:$17 for LP + 7" + D/L isn't that bad. I can understand why they want to hold back the download until the record ships. It would instantly be available online for free if they didn't do it that way.

It'll be available at some point anyway. Everything leaks, especially when digital promos are sent out (not saying mxv or anyone else would do it, mind you).
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:57 am

JGJR wrote:

It'll be available at some point anyway. Everything leaks, especially when digital promos are sent out (not saying mxv or anyone else would do it, mind you).

True but someone if the record leaks digitally weeks or in some cases even months before the actual release...someone is going to be much less likely to purchase than if they have to wait. I guarantee there's someone who said "eh, I may as well preorder" knowing that they won't be able to DL it until release day anyhow.
gregpolard

Postby gregpolard » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:59 am

Also, let's talk about how freaking great the Bl'ast! song is.
gregpolard

Postby drew » Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:33 pm

Sounds awesome. Almost like they were keeping the "Damaged" style going & then Dez left Black Flag so they bumped their 2nd gtr also...
drew

Postby FormerLurker » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:10 pm

This sounds effing amazing. Why couldn't the new COC record sound this good?
FormerLurker

Postby version sound » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:18 pm

FormerLurker wrote:This sounds effing amazing. Why couldn't the new COC record sound this good?

Because it's new, not old, like this is.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby gregpolard » Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:52 pm

Think they'll try and do some shows? I know they did around 2001 or so right?
gregpolard

Postby yourenotevil » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:20 pm

gregpolard wrote:Think they'll try and do some shows? I know they did around 2001 or so right?

yeah i think they did about 5 or 6 shows in 2001. i know one was in santa cruz, the bay area and LA. i don't know if they played outside of CA tho. wish i had seen that as i heard it was great. some ppl on the blast page on fb are claiming cliff has said they are going to do a reunion. i would say bl'ast are not going to be a popular draw everywhere though. they do really well in their hometown(santa cruz) and the bay area. my friend followed them on that 2001 tour and they played a club on sunset and barely drew a couple hundred people, but the shows up north were nuts and packed. my guess is they will play the power of the riff festival in LA(and maybe the NYC one) and do some CA shows on top of that. i think cliff was always the one who was not interested in doing the band again. apparently they were going to record new stuff after the 2001 shows and he abruptly quit, which i think caused some tension.
yourenotevil

Postby FormerLurker » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm confused.
FormerLurker

Postby yourenotevil » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:30 pm

FormerLurker wrote:This sounds effing amazing. Why couldn't the new COC record sound this good?

confused about the record? it is an demo recording being pressed on record for the first time.
yourenotevil

Postby FormerLurker » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm now slightly less confused. Thank you.
FormerLurker

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:28 am

i got word that they are definitely going to play shows, not the power of the riff fest though. so far it only sounds like some bay area stuff so far, no tour. i am also getting conflicting reports about the authenticity of this recording being completely original and untouched, but i need some verification.
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse