NFL Season 2013 open thread

Re: NFL Season 2013 open thread

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm

i just kind of soured on usc QBS under the recent years. good in college, shit in the nfl like leinart. even palmer is pretty much a bust. he has an arm but he never even won a playoff game, which is pretty sorry when you consider how talented some of those bengals team were, at least on the offensive side of the ball.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:36 pm

yourenotevil wrote:i just kind of soured on usc QBS under the recent years. good in college, shit in the nfl like leinart. even palmer is pretty much a bust. he has an arm but he never even won a playoff game, which is pretty sorry when you consider how talented some of those bengals team were, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

You can add Sanchez to that list, too! He was OK for a few years, but I think that game with the Patriots last year where he basically shit the bed and they scored 21 points in a few moments (and in a really crazy fashion) was the turning point.

Sanchez is a special case because he was Leinart's backup and only started one full season, yet he was a franchise QB in the NFL.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:45 pm

JGJR wrote:
yourenotevil wrote:i just kind of soured on usc QBS under the recent years. good in college, shit in the nfl like leinart. even palmer is pretty much a bust. he has an arm but he never even won a playoff game, which is pretty sorry when you consider how talented some of those bengals team were, at least on the offensive side of the ball.

You can add Sanchez to that list, too! He was OK for a few years, but I think that game with the Patriots last year where he basically shit the bed and they scored 21 points in a few moments (and in a really crazy fashion) was the turning point.

Sanchez is a special case because he was Leinart's backup and only started one full season, yet he was a franchise QB in the NFL.

i think he only really benefited from having a great defense and run game those two years they made it it to the afc title game, a la flacco and big ben in their first years, but those guys could actually make plays. when it all fell on him he turned out to be mediocre.
yourenotevil

Postby yourenotevil » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:58 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/98806 ... wants-both

seriously, goodell is the worst sports commish of all fucking time. L.A. should have the preferential treatment here, not london. i still love how he talks about player safety, yet he wouldn't be the one flying through all the time zones a team in london would have deal with to play teams in the U.S. if you are going to place a team out of the U.S., mexico or canada would be a whole lot easier for the teams. this guy has too much ego and greed for his own good, even for the NFL.
yourenotevil

Postby JGJR » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:02 pm

yourenotevil wrote:http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9880622/roger-goodell-los-angeles-vs-london-nfl-wants-both

seriously, goodell is the worst sports commish of all fucking time. L.A. should have the preferential treatment here, not london. i still love how he talks about player safety, yet he wouldn't be the one flying through all the time zones a team in london would have deal with to play teams in the U.S. if you are going to place a team out of the U.S., mexico or canada would be a whole lot easier for the teams. this guy has too much ego and greed for his own good, even for the NFL.

I haven't read the article yet, but one day folks will (or at least should as it's blindingly obvious) get it into their heads that American football (funny name given how that it's much more appropriate name for what we call soccer here, but I digress) just doesn't translate in other countries and that soccer (aside from the womens' game for whatever reason) just doesn't really translate here aside from transplants and others who find it foreign or exotic and thus appealing whereas in most countries it's like what baseball and football are here (national game), but combined and even more so.

You're right. LA should get a team before London. No question.
xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Previous

Return to daghouse