Those Darlins - new video from forthcoming album (NSFW)

Those Darlins - new video from forthcoming album (NSFW)

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:33 am

xxxMidgexxx wrote:But perhaps I just love drone stuff in general.
JGJR

Re: Those Darlins - new video from forthcoming album (NSFW)

Postby JGJR » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:36 am

It's very different from anything they've done before, but I quite like it on first listen. Roger Moutenot produced their forthcoming album. It definitely shouldn't (and I don't think will be) a single, though, at least from what they say (that they'll announce a new single soon).
JGJR

Re: Those Darlins - another video from forthcoming album (NS

Postby JGJR » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:30 am

Here's the video for the first single from the new album, which is called "Optimist." I dig it on first listen. This video is also NSFW.

VS, what say you?
JGJR

Postby version sound » Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:27 am

The first one's a little boring. The second one is more like it, though honestly, I'd have to really be in the mood to want anything more than Screws Get Loose.
“Go fuck a football”
- vinylgirl
version sound

Postby JGJR » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:48 pm

version sound wrote:The first one's a little boring. The second one is more like it, though honestly, I'd have to really be in the mood to want anything more than Screws Get Loose.

That's their best stuff to date and honestly one of my most-played albums of the last few years, but I enjoy the 1st Lp quite a bit, too (though I still don't have a copy). I can take or leave most of the non-album singles, though they are all enjoyable and I quite like their version of "Pet You and Hold You," though.
JGJR

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:47 am

BUMP.

The new album is streaming at Spin now.

http://www.spin.com/articles/those-darl ... um-stream/

I'm gonna be playing this a lot.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 am

This is the same band we thought wasn't that great at the Best Coast show, right? haha
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:21 am

gregpolard wrote:This is the same band we thought wasn't that great at the Best Coast show, right? haha

Yes, but they are GREAT on record (even the 1st one that VS said he didn't like that much). I just don't think they translated that well live at all (even another friend who was a fan before said he didn't like them that night) when we saw them with Best Coast (though to be fair, I wasn't paying close attention to them except for a song or two). I think they had a horn player, which was a bad idea. They were much better last October at Johnny Brenda's, but still a bit better on record but they were also kind of overshadowed by how great Heavy Cream was that night. It was kind of like when we saw Spider Bags last Wednesday. They were so dull, but their Singles release (their most recent one) is awesome. If you don't believe me, listen to it (it's on Spotify). I know it seems far-fetched.
JGJR

Postby gregpolard » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:33 am

I believe you. :) I think I'm a little more picky with that style than you/VS/Perry etc. They did nothing for me at all live and then hearing the couple songs I've heard on record were "ok" but didn't seem like anything I'd want to seek out if that makes sense.
scannest wrote:It's like a filmmaker saying "Spielberg is my idol. Every time I get behind the camera I think about how I can make my film as good as Hook"
gregpolard

Postby JGJR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:36 am

gregpolard wrote:I believe you. :) I think I'm a little more picky with that style than you/VS/Perry etc. They did nothing for me at all live and then hearing the couple songs I've heard on record were "ok" but didn't seem like anything I'd want to seek out if that makes sense.

Fair enough. You know how much I love female-fronted garagey stuff of all stripes, so I'm not arguing!
JGJR

Postby yourenotevil » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:09 am

no comment on the song, but that is pretty much the laziest excuse for a video ever.
"What the fuck? Fuck Shit up!"-Chuck Dukowski
yourenotevil

Return to daghouse